This four-part, step by step guide explains how to install an SSL Certificate on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0. If you haven’t applied for your SSL Certificate yet, in the first section, we show how to generate a CSR code on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0. The second part provides the SSL installation instructions, while the third segment offers a glimpse into Citrix’s history. Finally, the last section reveals the best place where you can buy an SSL Certificate for Citrix Access Gateway 5.0. Use the links below to jump between different parts of this guide.
Generate a CSR code on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0
Install an SSL Certificate on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0
Test your SSL installation
Citrix Access Gateway 5.0 history and versions
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate of Citrix Access Gateway 5.0?
Generate a CSR code on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0
To get an SSL Certificate, you must create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) code first, and send it to your CA. Follow the steps below to generate the CSR on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0:
- Log into Access Gateway Management Console and click on Certificates
- On the right side pane, click on New
- In the Certificate Signing Request tab, fill in the fields as shown below:
- Key length: check the 2048-bit option button
- Common Name: write the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) that you want to secure. For example, yoursite.com or *.yoursite.com if you are creating a request for a wildcard certificate
- Email: provide a valid mail address
- Description: type Certificate Signing Request
- Company name: specify the legal name of your company. For a Domain Validation certificate, put NA instead. For example, Your Company LLC
- Department name: name the department in charge of web security. For example, IT
- City: include the full name of the city where your company is located. For instance, Los Angeles
- State or Province: type the full name of the state or region where your company is registered. For instance, California
- Country Code: from the drop-down menu, select the two-letter code of your country. For instance, US
- Double check the info you’ve just submitted and click Save
- A dialog box containing your CSR code will pop up. Click on the Copy button, and paste the CSR content in a text file such as Notepad
- Save the CSR file on your PC. You will use it during the SSL order process.
Install an SSL Certificate on Citrix Gateway 5.0
After your CA validates your request and sings the SSL Certificate, it will send all the SSL files to your inbox. You have to download the ZIP archive containing the files, and extract the root and intermediate certificates.
- Open your SSL Certificate, and copy its contents including the —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—– tabs into a new Notepad document. Save it as rootssl.pem file
- Connect to your Access Gateway Console and select Certificates
- On the right side, click the Import button and choose a server (.pem) to import your root SSL certificate.
- In Select file to upload locate your rootssl.pem file and click Open
- Now, it’s time to install the intermediate certificate. Open your intermediate certificate from the ZIP Archive and save it as intemediatessl.pem file
- Return to the Access Gateway Console and click on Certificates
- On the right side, click the Import button and select Trusted (.pem) file
- Next, browse your intermideatessl.pem fileand click Open.
Link your intermediate certificate to the SSL server certificate
- After you upload both SSL files, you have to link your intermediate certificate to the primary one
- Go to Access Gateway Console and click Certificates
- On the right side navigate to the Add to Chain button and click it
- A dialog box will appear. Select a certificate and click Add for an individual certificate
- Once you complete the chain of the certificate, click Close.
Congratulations, now you know how to install an SSL Certificate on Citrix Access Gateway 5.0.
Test your SSL Installation
After you install the SSL Certificate on Citrix Access Gateway, you should run an SSL scan to look for potential errors or vulnerabilities in your configuration. For more info, check our article on the best SSL tools for testing an SSL Certificate.
Citrix Access Gateway history and versions
Citrix Access Gateway is a secure application access solution that offers administrators application-level control, enabling users to access the application from anywhere.
Citrix Access Gateway is a product of Citrix Systems, Inc, an American multinational software company specializing in cloud computing and computer software.
Citrix has acquired several companies including ExpertCity in 2004, NetScaler in 2005, SherFile in 2011, and Sapho in 2018.
Below you’ll find all the major Access Gateway versions:
- Access gateway 5.0: can be used on NetScaler Model 2010 and the VPX Edition
- Access Gateway 8
- Access Gateway 9
- Access Gateway 10
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Citrix Access Gateway 5.0?
SSL Dragon is the only SSL vendor you’ll ever need. We’ve forged strong partnerships with the best Certificate Authorities in the industry and offer incredibly low prices across the entire range of SSL products. All our certificates are compatible with Citrix Access Gateway 5.0. Below are the types of SSL certificates available at SSL Dragon:
- Domain Validation
- Business Validation
- Extended Validation
- Code Signing
- IP Address
You can find the best SSL Certificate for your project and budget with the help of our exclusive SSL tools. The SSL Wizard offers a quick and efficient way to determine the right SSL for you, while the Advanced Certificate Filter allows you to sort and compare different certificates by price, validation, and features.
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.