In this article, we’ll show you how to install an SSL Certificate on Juniper. Before installing the certificate, make sure you’ve received all the necessary SSL files from your CA. If you haven’t applied for a digital certificate yet, we provide CSR generation instructions in the first part of this tutorial.
After the installation, continue reading to discover interesting facts about Juniper’s history and find where to buy the best and most affordable SSL Certificate for your Juniper platform.
Generate a CSR code on Juniper
To generate your CSR (Certificate Signing Code) on Juniper, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Juniper Admin Console
- Got to System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates
- Click the New CSR button, and on the New Certificate Signing Request page, provide the following information:
- Common Name: enter the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) you want to secure. For example, yourdomain.com. If you have a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of your domain name. For instance, *.yourdomain.com
- Organization Name: specify the official name of your organization. For example, Your Company LLC. If you have a Domain Validation certificate, type NA instead
- Organizational Unit: type the name of the department making the request. Usually, it is IT or Web Administration. If you have a Domain Validation certificate, enter NA instead
- Locality or City: submit the full name of the city where your organization is located. For example, San Francisco
- State or Province: write the full name of the state where your organization is registered. For example, California
- Country Name: provide the two-letter code of your country. For example, US
- Email address: provide a valid email address
- Key Length: select the 2048-bit option
- In the final field, enter some random characters to augment the system’s random key generator, then click Create CSR
- On the next page, under Step 1, copy and save your CSR code including the —–BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and —–END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– tags into a text document such Notepad
- Use your CSR Code during your order process with your SSL vendor.
Install an SSL Certificate on Juniper
After you receive the SSL Certificate files from you CA, you can proceed with the SSL installation. Follow the steps below to add your SSL Certificate to Juniper:
- Download and extract your SSL Certificate and its Intermediate CA Certificate (a x509/.cer/.crt/.pem format) from the ZIP archive
- Copy the contents of your SSL Certificate in a separate text file and saved it with the .cer extension
- Perform the same action for your Intermediate certificate. Make sure you save it as a .cer file
Note: Some CAs may provide two intermediate certs, for better compatibility with older browser versions. You need to copy them both in two separate .cer files and upload one at a time.
- Next, it’s time to import your Intermediate Certificate to Juniper. In your Admin Console, go to System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates, and Click Intermediate Device CAs
- Click the Import CA Certificate button, and browse your intermediate certificate file. Click Import Certificate to upload it.
- A message should confirm the successful upload. Click Done
- Now, import your SSL Certificate. Return to, System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates, and click on pending CSR
- On the Pending Certificate Signing Request page navigate to Step 2. Import Signed Certificate, and browse your primary SSL Certificate file. Click Import
- A message should confirm the successful upload. You can find your SSL Certificate in the list of Device Certificates.
Congratulations, now you know how to install an SSL Certificate on Juniper.
Test Your Juniper SSL Installation
We recommend checking your SSL certificate for potential errors right after the configuration. Use these excellent SSL tools to get instant status reports and vulnerability alerts.
Juniper Networks, Inc. is a giant American corporation specializing in networking hardware. Its large suite of products includes routers, switches, network security and network management products.
Juniper was founded in 1966 by Pradeep Sindhu, an Indian-born American entrepreneur and chief scientist at Juniper Networks.
In 2004, Juniper acquired the Network security company NetScreen Technologies, in a deal worth $4 billion. This acquisition allowed Juniper to bring more products to the market and cement its status of a massive player in the network equipment industry.
Juniper offers the following products:
- EX Series
- WLAN Products
- QFX Series
- MX Series
- M Series
- PTX Series
- ACX Series
- Junos Operating System
- Junos Spaces
- SRX Series
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Juniper?
IF you’re looking for an affordable SSL Certificate, and impeccable customer support there isn’t a better place to shop for digital certs, than SSL Dragon. We offer the lowest prices and the widest range of products compatible with dozens of servers and platforms, including Juniper.
No matter your SSL needs and budget, we’ve got a perfect certificate waiting for you. We offer the following types of certificates:
- Domain Validation
- Business Validation
- Extended Validation
- Code Signing
- IP Address
To speed up your SSL search, we’ve developed exclusive tools such as SSL Wizard and Advanced Certificate Filter. Use them to find the ideal certificate for your online project, and compare different products by their specifications.
SSL Dragon takes care of your sensitive data security, so your website or business can thrive online!
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.