This tutorial provides step by step instructions on how to generate a CSR code and install an SSL certificate on Kemp LoadMaster. Besides the configuration guidelines, part 3 contains a brief history of Kemp Technologies, while part 4 offers useful tips on where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Kemp LoadMaster.
If you’ve already generated the CSR code elsewhere and have received the necessary SSL files, feel free to skip part 1 of this tutorial. Use the links below to jump straight to the installation steps.
Generate a CSR code on Kemp LoadMaster
To generate a CSR code on your Kemp system, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Kemp LoadMaster dashboard
- In the main menu, select Certificates >SSL Certificates
- In the Private Key Identifier box, enter a name for your private key, then click Generate CSR
- Submit your contact details as shown below:
- Country Name: enter the two-letter code for your country. For example, US. You can find the full list of official country codes here
- State or Province: specify the state where your company is legally registered. For example, Arizona
- City: name the city where your company is officially located. For example, Phoenix
- Company: write the full legal name of your company. For instance, Your Company LLC
- Organization: submit the unit within your organization, requesting the SSL Certificate. For example, Web Administration
- Common Name: enter the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with an SSL certificate. For instance, yourdomain.com.
- Double check the info you’ve just provided and click Create CSR
- You can open your CSR file with any text editor and copy the entire text, including the BEGIN and END tags into the corresponding field during your SSL order. The private key file will remain on the Kemp system.
Install an SSL Certificate on Kemp LoadMaster
After the CA sends the necessary SSL files to your inbox, download the ZIP folder and extract its contents on your device. You should have your primary and intermediate certificates in PEM or PFX formats ready for installation.
Please follow the steps below to add an SSL Certificate on Kemp LoadMaster:
- Log into your Kemp WUI and go to Certificates > Intermediate Certificates
- Click Add, then Choose File and browse the location of your intermediate certificate
- In the Certificate Name field, enter a friendly name for your intermediate certificate
- Click Add Certificate and OK
- Next, install your primary SSL certificate. Go to Certificates > SSL Certificates
- Click Import Certificate, then Choose File and browse the path of your primary SSL Certificate. If you’re installing a PFX file, simply click the Choose File button and then select your PFX file. Enter the password for the PFX file in the Pass Phrase field and enter a useful Certificate Identifier.
- Under the Assignment section, in the Available VSs box select the Virtual Service IP address
- Click the right arrow then Save Changes
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed your SSL Certificate on Kemp LoadMaster and assigned it to its IP Virtual Service.
Test your SSL Installation:
After you install an SSL Certificate on Kemp LoadMaster, you should run a quick test and check your new SSL certificate for potential errors and vulnerabilities. We have an entire article on our blog, describing the best SSL tools to scan your SSL installation.
Kemp Technologies history
Kemp Technologies is an American company operating in the application delivery controller industry. Founded in 2000, Kemp builds load balancing products for physical, virtual and cloud environment.
Kemp’s Flagship product is the LoadMaster, a load balancer built on its own proprietary software platform called LMOS. It can run on almost any platform and is available in Azure, AWS, and VMware vCLoud air. LoadMaster software has also a free version which shares most of the premium features.
Below are the latest LoadMaster releases:
- LoadMaster version 7.2.44
- LoadMaster version 7.2.43
- LoadMaster version 7.2.42
- LoadMaster version 7.2.41
- LoadMaster version 7.2.40
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Kemp LoadMaster?
When buying an SSL Certificate, you should pay close attention to the validation type, price, and customer service. At SSL Dragon, we offer the widest range of SSL certificates, the best prices, and, of course, impeccable customer support! Our SSL certificates are issued by reputable Certificate Authorities, and are compatible with Kemp LoadMaster. Whether you need an affordable Domain Validation certificate or a premium Extended Validation product we’ve got you covered. Here’s our full list of SSL certificate types:
- Domain Validation
- Business Validation
- Extended Validation
- Code Signing
- IP Address
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.