This guide offers quick instructions on how to generate a CSR code and install an SSL Certificate on Media Temple Grid server. It also contains a brief history of Media Temple, as well as useful tips on where to buy affordable SSL Certificates.
If you’ve already generated the CSR code for your SSL Certificate and received the necessary SSL files from your CA, feel free to skip the CSR instructions. You can go straight to installation steps via the anchor links listed below:
- Generate a CSR code on Media Temple Grid
- Install an SSL Certificate on Media Temple Grid
- Test your SSL installation
- Media Temple history
- Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Media Temple?
Generate a CSR Code on Media Temple Grid
To get an SSL Certificate from a trusted CA, you must submit your contact details for verification and validation via a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) code. The CSR is a block of encoded text with your website and company information. To generate your CSR on Media Temple Grid, perform the following:
- Log into your Media Temple Dashboard.
- From the Account Center navigation menu, select Domains and click on the domain name you want to secure with an SSL Certificate
- From the GRID Control Panel, navigate to ADD-ONS and select SSL Certificate
Note: If you intend to secure multiple domains then go ALTERNATE DOMAIN ADMIN and click SSL Certificate
- Next, to Certificate Signing Request click the Generate CSR button
- Fill in the existing fields with your contact information:
- State: enter the state where your company is registered. For instance, California
- Organization: specify the full legal name of your organization. For example, Your Company LLC
- Organization Unit: name the department requesting the SSL Certificate. For instance, IT
- Email: provide a valid email address (e.g., [email protected])
- Verify the info you’ve just entered and then hit Generate
- Media Temple will generate your CSR and private key, and store them in your Account Center
- The CSR should appear on the same page. Copy its full contents, including the BEGIN and END tabs into a text document
- On the SSL order page, paste your CSR into the corresponding box.
That’s it. Now all you have to do is wait for the SSL Certificate files to arrive in your inbox.
Install an SSL Certificate on Media Temple Grid
Your CA will send the necessary SSL files (archived in a ZIP folder) via email. Before beginning the installation, you need to download and extract your certificate files.
Unzip your certificate folder, and prepare your primary certificate file and the CA Bundle with your intermediate certificate. Follow the steps below to add your SSL Certificate to Media Temple Grid:
- Log into your Mediate Temple Grid dashboard
- From the Account Center, click on Domains and select the domain you want to secure
- Scroll-down to ADD-ONS and click on SSL Certificates
Note: If you want to secure an alternative domain, select ALTERNATE DOMAIN ADMIN and click on SSL Certificates
- Next, to Certificate click on Import Certificate
- Copy-paste your Certificate Files into the corresponding text box including BEGIN and END tags
- Key: Leave this blank if you’ve generated your CSR code on Media Temple Grid; otherwise, copy-paste your private key
- Certificates: enter your primary SSL Certificate
- CA/Chain Certificate: copy-paste your intermediate certificate. If you have multiple intermediate certs, past each of them one after another
- Once you’ve added all SSL files into the appropriate boxes, hit Save.
Note: It could take up to 24 hours to activate the SSL Certificate on your live site.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed an SSL Certificate on Media Temple!
Test Your SSL Installation
After you install an SSL Certificate on Media Temple Grid, your next step is to check your new installation for potential errors and vulnerabilities. We recommend these high-end SSL tools for instant scans and reports on the state of your SSL Certificate and its configuration.
Media Temple History
Media Temple is a website hosting and cloud hosting provider specifically tailored for web designers, developers, and creative agencies. Founded in 1998, by Demian Sellfros and John Carey, Media Temple was acquired by GoDaddy in 2013 but remained a separate operation since then.
Media Temple Grid is a form of shared hosting offering the following features:
- Clustered Architecture
- LAMP compatibility
- Fast CGI
Where to buy an SSL certificate for Media Temple Grid?
The best place to buy an SSL Certificate for Media Temple Grid is from a reputable SSL vendor such as SSL Dragon. Our prices are the lowest on the market, but there are even more benefits. We offer regular discounts and exclusive deals on all our SSL certificates, but above all, impeccable customer support. All our products are compatible with the Media Temple Grid, and you can always use our helping tools such as SSL Wizard and Advanced Certificate Filter to find the perfect SSL product for your project. We offer the following types of certificates:
- Domain Validation
- Business Validation
- Extended Validation
- Code Signing
- IP Address
SSL Dragon takes care of your sensitive data security, so your website or business can succeed online!
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.