In this tutorial, you will learn how to generate a CSR code and install an SSL Certificate on Kerio Connect mail server. As bonus reading, we also included a brief history of Kerio Connect and a special tip on where you can buy the most affordable SSL Certificates for Kerio Connect.
If you’ve already generated your CSR code, and are looking just for the installation steps, feel free to skip part 1 of this tutorial and jump straight to the configuration instructions. Use the links below to quickly navigate between sections.
Generate a CSR Code on Kerio Connect
CSR stands for Certificate Signing Request, a block of encoded text with your contact data. Every SSL buyer must generate and send the CSR to the Certificate Authority to pass website and company validation.
Creating your CSR on Kerio Connect is quick and easy. Please, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Kerio administration panel
- From the Administration panel go to Configuration > SSL Certificates
- Click on New, then Certificate Request
- In the New Certificate section, fill in the fields as shown below:
- Host Name: provide the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with an SSL Certificate. For example, yoursite.com or mail.yoursite.com
- Organization name: enter the full legal name of your company. For instance, Your Company LLC
- Organizational unit: name the department within your company requesting the SSL certificate. For example, IT
- City: specify the city where your company is registered. For instance, Los Angeles
- State or Province: write the name of the state where your company is located. For example, California
- Country: from the drop-down list, select your country
- Valid for: select the validity period of your certificate
- Double check the info you’ve just submitted and click OK
- From the SSL Certificate interface, select the CSR file and click Export > Export Request
- Save the CSR file on your desktop, and use any text editor such as Notepad to open it
- You will need to copy the entire text of your CSR file, including BEGIN and END tags and paste it in the corresponding box on the SSL Certificate order page.
Install an SSL Certificate on Kerio Connect
After your Certificate Authority sends the necessary SSL files to your email, you need to download the ZIP folder and extract your primary and intermediate SSL Certificates.
Kerio Connect supports the following certificates’ formats:
- Certificate (public key) — X.509 Base64 in text format (PEM) with the .crt file extension.
To install your SSL Certificate, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Configuration > SSL Certificates
- Click Import > Import Signed Certificate from CA
- Select your newly imported SSL Certificate and click Set as Active
- Next, add your intermediate SSL certificate. Use a text editor to open your server (primary) certificate and intermediate certificate
- Copy-paste the contents of the intermediate certificate into the server certificate file, below END CERTIFICATE tags and save it. Your file should look like this:
The encoded text of your primary certificate
The encoded text of your intermediate certificate
- Save the settings.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed an SSL Certificate on Kerio Connect mail server.
Test your SSL installation
After you install an SSL Certificate on Kerio Connect, scan your new installation for potential errors or vulnerabilities, just to be on the safe side of things. With these powerful SSL tools, you can get instant reports on all aspects of your SSL Certificate and its configuration.
Kerio Connect history
Kerio Connect, formerly known as KerioMailSever, is a popular SMTP mail server with flexible cross-platform client support and deployment. Initially developed by Kerio Technologies Inc, Kerio Connect is now part of GFI software portfolio since its acquisition in 2017.
Listed below are the latest Kerio connect releases. You can find the entire release history here.
- Version 9.2.8
- Version 9.2.7
- Version 9.2.6
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Kerio Connect?
You’ve already reached the destination! Here, at SSL Dragon, we offer the widest range of SSL products at great prices. All our certificates are compatible with Kerio Connect and are suitable for a variety of projects. Browse the list below to find the SSL type you need:
- Domain Validation
- Business Validation
- Extended Validation
- Code Signing
- IP Address
If you don’t know what certificate to choose, or struggling to find the perfect product for your site, our quick, and intuitive SSL Wizard and Advanced Certificate Filter tools will make the search more efficient and enjoyable.
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.