1-7 business days
Email / Documents
Domain Control, Identity Verification, Organization Validation
Company Address, Company Name, [email protected], First Name, Last Name
Email Encryption & Signing
Secure Hash Algorithm
Up to 256-bit
- Domain Control, Identity Verification & Organization Validation
- Secures email communications and MS® Office documents
- Enables users' two-factor authentication
Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificate (CPAC) Enterprise is an easy, affordable, and excellent top-level solution to secure business communications such as emails, documents, and user access. Designed for companies and enterprises, this product comes with the following features:
Sectigo CPAC Enterprise digitally signs your company’s emails and offers end-to-end encryption between you and your recipients. With this certificate by your side, your business correspondence is no longer vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, packet sniffers, HTTPS proxies, or any other hacking techniques. The 256-bit encryption and a 2048-bit signature key ensure bulletproof protection.
Microsoft® Office and OpenOffice Document Signing
Along with encrypting emails, this flexible certificate can also secure important business documents. It streamlines document workflow and helps you transition to electronic forms, contracts, and sign-offs. A digitally signed document offers the ultimate proof of data origin and integrity.
There’s a reason why banks all over the world use two-factor authentication to protect customer’s accounts – it’s way safer than plain passwords. Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificate (Enterprise) offers you this feature for free. Now you can protect your employees’ and customers’ data at no extra cost.
FDA ESG compliant
If you’re doing business with the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), encrypting your emails is required. The ESG (Electronic Submission Gateways) verifies the senders’ identity before sending your email to the relevant FDA office. This email certificate ensures smooth and secure communication with the FDA.
Domain Control, Identity Verification, and Organization Validation
Sectigo CPAC Enterprise provides the highest level of validation to emails and digital documents. The issue time is between 1-7 business days, but the wait is well worth it. After validation, your company address and company name will appear in the certificate fields along with your first and last names.
Compatible with almost any platform
Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificates are fully trusted by all major servers, email clients, as well as internet browsers. You can install them on Windows, Linux, Mac, and many other platforms. They also support major email servers such as Netscape Communicator, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, and Mozilla Thunderbird.
Here is a list of the most common questions our customers have when buying a Sectigo CPAC SSL Certificate:
What are Multi-Year SSL Subscription Plans?
Starting with August 19th, 2020, the maximum duration of publicly-trusted SSL/TLS certificates issued by all Certificate Authorities (CAs) has been set to a maximum of 13 months.
However, in order to make your SSL Management process time-saving and cost-effective, the CAs and SSL Dragon are offering you the 2 Year and 3 Year SSL Subscription Plans.
This means that you can still buy a 2 or 3 year SSL Certificate and continue to benefit from multi-year discounting, while still remaining compliant with the CAB Forum SSL requirements.
How the Multi-Year SSL works?
Due to security reasons, your SSL certificate is initially issued with a maximum 1-year validity.
Prior to the expiration of your certificate, SSL Dragon, on behalf of the CA, we will issue a free replacement certificate for an additional 1-year certificate, according to your Subscription Plan.
You will need to validate & install the replacement SSL:
a. If you have a Domain Validation SSL Certificate, a short verification of your domain name will be required via Email, HTTP, or DNS in order to issue the 1-yr replacement SSL.
You can still reissue your certificate at any time and as many times as you like during your Multi-Year SSL Subscription Plan.
On your SSL Certificate’s page within the SSL Dragon account, you will find all the details regarding your Subscription Plan:
- Valid From – Shows the date when your SSL was issued and became active
- Expires – Shows the date when your SSL expires and needs to be reissued (not Renewed).
- Subscription Starts – The date when the first SSL was issued and the subscription period activated
- Subscription Ends – The date when the subscription ends and SSL needs to be Renewed (not Reissued)
- Next Reissue – shows the number of days left of your SSL. The Certificate should be reissued 30-days prior to this date.
Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificates provide you the highest level of protection by enabling end-to-end encryption of your email communications. By signing and encrypting your outgoing email messages, you protect them from Man-in-the-Middle attacks, https proxies, or packet-sniffers, therefore your messages can’t be intercepted and decrypted by a malicious third party.
Encrypting Email Messages guarantees their privacy and integrity, while digitally signing the messages authenticates you as being the genuine sender. In this way, you will secure yourself and your business from accidental or fraudulent data exposures, privacy breaches, and other potential security threats associated with business communication.
Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificate lets you easily sign any valuable and critical personal or company document, therefore ensuring compliance with industry requirements of digitally signed documents. By digitally signing the document, you identify yourself as the authentic document signer and certify its integrity by proving that your document hasn’t been altered since it was signed. In this way, CPAC SSL Certificates help you migrate from ink & paper to digital workflows of contracts, sign-offs, request forms and other important company documents, working in tandem with or replacing the visible signature feature in Microsoft® products such as Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office Suite, VBA Macros and more.
Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificate helps businesses reduce the risks and threats associated with using standard passwords by enabling the two-factor authentication of users. If you need a stronger guarantee that the person logging into your company network or account is your legitimate employee, CPAC SSL Certificates will allow you to secure your sensitive and private customer or corporate data by enabling the industry standard used by banks all over the world – two-factor authentication – seamlessly integrating the certificate as a second authentication element. In this way, you will protect your company access, including remote, from any hackers attempting to steal usernames and passwords.
Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificates were designed for individuals and businesses who are looking at implementing the best web security practices, such as email & document encryption and user two-factor authentication. However, each CPAC SSL Certificate was designed to fit a particular need. Just like DV, BV, and EV SSL Certificates, CPAC SSL Certificates come with different validation requirements which enable certain certificate fields:
- CPAC Basic – requires Domain Control and displays only your email in the SSL Certificate
- CPAC Pro – requires Domain Control and Identity Verification in order to display your email, First and Last Name in the SSL Certificate
- CPAC Enterprise – requires Domain Control, Identity Verification, and Organization Validation in order to display your email, First and Last Name, as well as Company Name and Address in the SSL Certificate.
Based on your actual needs, you can now decide which Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificate is the best option for you, providing you an enhanced web security of your business activity.
To add your Company Name and TAX/VAT number, you have to login into your SSL Dragon Account and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Hello, *Your Name*” button on the right top side of your account dashboard and select “Edit Account Settings”;
- On the ‘My Details’ page, you will find the ‘Company Name’ and ‘Company TAX/VAT ID’ field;
- Fill in these fields with the necessary information then click on ’Save Changes’.
After you perform the above steps, your SSL Dragon account and all your invoices will be automatically updated with this information.
You can install your Sectigo CPAC Certificate as soon as it has been issued to you.
Here are installation instructions for different browsers, email clients, and mobile devices provided by Sectigo:
Here are the steps that you need to do in order to reissue your Sectigo CPAC Certificate:
1) Login at https://secure.trust-provider.com/products/frontpage?area=ssl using the username and password that you used when you configured your Sectigo CPAC initially;
2) Once you are logged in, find the “Replace” button and click on it;
3) You will start the reissue process for your Sectigo CPAC SSL.
4) Follow the steps and instructions that come next, until you complete the Sectigo CPAC Certificate reissue.
Server and Client OS Compatibility
Server Platforms And Mobile Browser Compatibility
- BEA Weblogic
- IBM HTTP Server
- Microsoft ISA
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Live Communication
- BEA Weblogic
- Lotus Domino
- C2Net Stronghold
- Java Web Server (Javasoft / Sun)
- Ensim Control Panel
- cPanel / Web Host Manager
- C2Net Stronghold
- iPlanet Server / Sun One
- Java Web Server (Javasoft / Sun)
- Lotus Domino
- Netscape Enterprise Server
- Novell ConsoleOne
- Novel Webserver
- C2Net Stronghold
- And other SSL-Capable Servers
- Lotus Notes (6+)
- Microsoft Outlook 99+
- Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0+
- Mail.app (Mac OS X)v
- Microsoft Entourage (OS/X)
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5+
- The Bat 1+
- Qualcomm Eudora 6.2+
- Windows Mail 1.0+ (Vista)
Need help securing your website? Have questions, or unsure which SSL to choose? Let our fearless dragons help you! Follow the following steps towards getting the type of help that you need.
1. Use our Wizard and find the SSL Certificate that suits you best;
2. Find your answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page;
3. Open a Ticket with our Sales, Billing and Technical Support dragons. We will answer your ticket as soon as possible. We work Monday through Saturday, from 9 AM to 11:00 PM Pacific Time;
4. Email us using our Contact Form.