Symantec / VeriSign
Business Validation SSL
1-7 business days
Code Signing Certificate
Company Documents Required
|Secure Hash Algorithm||
Up to 256-bit
Symantec Code Signing SSL
- Secures software, scripts and codes
- Idel for code publishers
- Boosts your Google ranking
Here is a list with the most common questions our customers have when buying a Code Signing SSL Certificate with Business / Individual Validation:
The CodeSigning certificate was specifically developed for increasing the trustworthiness of your software products. This type of certificate protects your digital downloadable goods, like scripts or codes, by signing them and guaranteeing their authenticity and integrity. This certification brings a greater level of your customers’ trust, by ensuring them that your content is safe and it belongs to your company. Moreover, the Authenticode Technology guarantees that if the code will be damaged after being signed, the digital signature will break and alert the client that the software is no longer credible.
CodeSigning certificates are Business Validation (BV) and Personal Validation SSL certificates. The Business Validation SSLs require Certificate Authority’s (CA’s) authentication through providing your company’s documents, along with performing domain validation by email. The Personal Validation requires personal identification verification of the owner. The entire validation process may take up to 2 or 3 business days to issue your CodeSigning certificate that will serve as a third party guarantee for the authenticity of your digital goods.
You can find our full list of CodeSigning certificates at this link.
To add your Company Name and TAX/VAT number, you have to login into your SSL Dragon Account and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Hello, *Your Name*” button on the right top side of your account dashboard and select “Edit Account Settings”;
- On the ‘My Details’ page, you will find the ‘Company Name’ and ‘Company TAX/VAT ID’ field;
- Fill in these fields with the necessary information then click on ’Save Changes’.
After you perform the above steps, your SSL Dragon account and all your invoices will be automatically updated with this information.
- Microsoft Authenticode
- Sun Java
- Adobe AIR
- Microsoft Office and VBA
- Microsoft Windows Phone
- Qualcomm BREW
Need help securing your website? Have questions, or unsure which SSL to choose? Let our fearless dragons help you! Follow the following steps towards getting the type of help that you need.
1. Use our Wizard and find the SSL Certificate that suits you best;
2. Find your answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page;
3. Live Chat with one of our friendly web security dragons;
4. Open a Ticket with our Sales, Billing and Technical Support dragons. We will answer your ticket as soon as possible. We work Monday through Saturday, from 9 AM to 11:00 PM Pacific Time;
5. Email us at [email protected];
6. Email us using our Contact Form.