You can order a Sectigo Personal Authentication Certificate (SPAC) for any valid email address. Below are the validation requirements for each type of Personal Authentication Certificate:
Validation requires a challenge-response from you, which is sent to the email address you provide. Once you have followed the instructions in the challenge email, the certificate is issued.
To obtain a SPAC Pro certificate, you need to complete the following steps:
- Provide a government-issued photo ID such as; a driver’s license, passport, national ID card, or military ID. The name on the government-issued photo ID must match the name of the certificate. You must provide a legible and readable copy of the photo ID.
- Verify your email address by responding to a challenge sent to the email address listed on the certificate.
After you complete the instructions in the challenge email, the certificate is issued.
Validation for an Enterprise requires the following:
- Business Identity verification using a QIIS, QGIS, or QTIS document (the definitions of these acronyms are at the end of this FAQ).
- Authenticating the identity of the applicant (listed as the admin contact on the order). The name on the government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, national ID card, or military ID) must match the name of the admin contact. Sectigo requires applicants to provide a legible and readable copy of the photo ID.
- Physical address verification via QIIS QGIS or QTIS document.
- Order authentication via a callback process using the business telephone number included in a QIIS, QGIS, or QTIS document.
Once the above steps are completed, the certificate is issued.
QIIS stands for Qualified Independent Information Source – an up-to-date public database that provides reliable and accurate information for which it is consulted. Examples of QIIS are local phone directories or third-party commercial credit services such as Dun and Brandsheet.
QTIS (Qualified Tax Information Source) is a governmental database that contains tax information relating to Private Organizations, Business Entities, or Individuals. Employer Identification Number (EIN) is considered a QTIS.
QGIS stands for Qualified Government Information Source – a database maintained by a Government Entity that contains legal business registration, corporate filing, trademarks, and patents.
Source: Sectigo’s Knowledge Base
Save 10% on SSL Certificates when ordering today!
Fast issuance, strong encryption, 99.99% browser trust, dedicated support, and 25-day money-back guarantee. Coupon code: SAVE10