What Is a DigiCert S/MIME Class 2 Certificate?
Digicert S/MIME Class 2 is an easy, affordable, and excellent solution to secure business email communications. This SSL Certificate digitally signs and encrypts email messages using the S/MIME protocol, which verifies the sender and prevents tampering, allows access to specific applications, websites, or interfaces, as well as devices like laptops and cellphones, and provides enhanced security if usernames and passwords are misplaced or stolen.
DigiCert S/MIME Class 2 Certificate Benefits
- Email Encryption. DigiCert S/MIME Class 2 digitally signs your emails and enables end-to-end encryption between you and your recipients. Once you hit the “send” button, you’ll have peace of mind that no attacker will intercept your confidential messages. Breaking the 256-bit encryption and a 2048-bit signature key is beyond human capabilities.
- Document Signing. Along with emails, this certificate can also secure Microsoft® Office and OpenOffice business documents. It will also ease the transition from ink paperwork to digital workflows. By applying the digital signature to a document, you’ll ensure its authenticity and prevent hackers from altering it.
- User two-factor authentication. Digicert S/MIME Class 2 is used for two-factor authentication. Once a server is configured for client certificate authentication, it will only grant a user access to it if the client presents the correct client certificate. When using a web browser to connect to the server, without the correct client certificate, the client cannot even access the credentials page.
- FDA ESG compliant. If you’re doing business with the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), encrypting your emails is required. The ESG (Electronic Submission Gateways) verifies the senders’ identity before sending your email to the relevant FDA office. This email certificate ensures smooth and secure communication with the FDA.
- Domain Control, Identity Verification, and Organization Validation. This email certificate offers the highest level of validation to emails and digital documents. After validation, your company address and company name will appear in the certificate fields along with your first and last names.
- Compatible with almost any platform. Digicert email certificates are fully trusted by all major servers, email clients, as well as internet browsers. You can install them on Windows, Linux, Mac, and many other platforms. They also support major email servers such as Netscape Communicator, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, and Mozilla Thunderbird.