What Is a DigiCert S/MIME Class 1 Certificate?
Digicert S/MIME Class 1 is an easy, affordable, and excellent solution to secure email communications. This SSL Certificate digitally signs and encrypts email messages using the S/MIME protocol.
DigiCert S/MIME Class 1 Certificate Benefits
- Email Encryption. DigiCert S/MIME Class 1 digitally signs your emails and enables end-to-end encryption between you and your recipients. By using a public/private key pair, your private key stays with you and is used to sign outgoing emails and decrypt incoming emails encrypted with your public key. Your public key is used to verify your signature and encrypt emails sent to you. Breaking the 256-bit encryption and a 2048-bit signature key is beyond human capabilities.
- FDA ESG compliant. If you’re doing business with the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), encrypting your emails is a must. The ESG (Electronic Submission Gateways) verifies the senders’ identity before sending your email to the relevant FDA office. This email certificate ensures smooth and secure communication with the FDA.
- Domain Control. This email certificate is quick and easy to obtain. All you have to do is prove you’re the owner of the domain you want to encrypt. The certificate info field will display your email address.
- Compatible with almost any platform. This product will work on almost all servers, email clients, and browsers. You can install it on Windows, Linux, Mac, and many other platforms. It also supports major email servers such as Netscape Communicator, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Protect Customers, Partners, and Your Brand. Email remains the most valuable tool for businesses of all sizes. Unfortunately, it’s also the easiest target for hackers. With millions of accounts compromised on a daily basis, now, more than ever it’s imperative to protect your business communications. DigiCert takes care of your email security and prevents data leaks and exposure, to leave you and your customers satisfied.