IP Address SSL Certificates
Are you looking for a high-quality SSL Certificate for IP Address? You’ve landed in the right place. Our SSL products can secure anything from basic websites to huge systems, and public IP addresses aren’t an exception. We can’t emphasize enough that only public IP addresses support the SSL encryption. If you want to secure a private/intranet IP address, it’s not possible anymore. Back in 2016, the CA/Browser forum, issued a new directive, voiding all intranet SSL Certificates.
Today, IP Address SSL Certificates are available only to officially registered organizations that need to protect a public IP address. Neither a Domain Validation certificate nor a private/intranet IP address will work for this purpose. Also, only certain SSL Certificates which are listed below allow you to secure an IP address. The main benefits of securing an IP Address with an SSL Certificate are a verified identity, noticeable encryption, and extra IP address use (some services require IP SSL authentication).
When it comes to SSL for IP address, the options are scarce; but this isn’t a bad thing by any means. The IP address SSL certificate available is a top-notch product with an array of security and performance-boosting features.
Introducing Comodo InstantSSL Premium, the only SSL IP address certificate you’ll ever need. Boasting an incredibly low price for what it can do, this SSL certificate for public IP address comes packed with the following benefits:
- ideal for e-commerce stores and companies of all sizes
- follows the highest level of encryption and the latest security protocols
- comes with a dynamic site seal to improve customer trust
- includes a whopping $250,000 warranty for the added peace of mind
- runs smoothly on 99.3% of browsers
- Is compatible with all the major server platforms and email clients
How to secure IP Address with an SSL?
Securing an SSL certificate for IP address is slightly different than for an FQDN (fully qualified domain name). Follow the steps below to enable an IP address SSL cert on your server.
- Contact Comodo at https://www.comodoca.com/en-us/support/.
- Click on “Submit a ticket here”, and then select the Validation Department to submit your request
- Provide your email address and tell Comodo that you’ve configured the SSL Certificate for a public IP address.
- Specify your “Partner Order ID” in your message. You can locate the “Partner order ID” on the details page of your SSL Certificate, inside your SSL Dragon account.
- Comodo will reach you with an email containing detail instructions on how to validate your IP address.
- If you don’t hear for Comodo within the 3 days of submitting the ticket, call +1 (888) 266-6361 (Ext 4) to check the status of your SSL Certificate.
Once your public IP address SSL Certificate is up and running, you can safely store and process sensitive information on your server.