In this tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Cerberus FTP Server.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Log into your Cerberus FTP dashboard
- Select the Summary tab then Tools > Generate a CSR
Step 2. Fill in your information
In Generate a Certificate Signing Request window, provide the following info:
- Common Name: enter the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure. For example, yoursite.com. If you have a wildcard SSL certificate, add an asterisk (*) in front of the domain name (e.g., *.yoursite.com)
- Organization: specify the full legal name of your company. For instance, Your Company LLC.
- Organization unit: name the department within your company in charge of the SSL certificate. For example, IT or Web Administration
- Street: type the address of your organization’s headquarters. For instance, 2344 Thomas St.
- Locality (City): write the full name of the city where your company is registered. For example, San Francisco
- State/Province: enter the full name of the state where your company is located. For example, California
- Country: from the drop-down list, select your country.
- Key Type: RSA
- Key Length: 2048 bits
Step 3. Generate the CSR
Double check the information you’ve just entered and click Generate.
Specify the location where you want to save your CSR and private key files, then click OK.
You can open the CSR file with any text editor of your choice such as Notepad and copy its contents into the corresponding box during the certificate order on your SSL vendor’s page.