How to Install an SSL Certificate on Cerberus FTP Server
In this article, we provide step by step guidelines on how to install an SSL certificate on Cerberus FTP Server. Besides configuration instructions, this guide also features useful tips on where to buy the best SSL certificate for Cerberus FTP Server.
If you’ve already generated your CSR code on another platform and received the signed SSL certificate from your CA, feel free to skip part one and jump straight to the installation steps.\
Table of Contents
- Generate a CSR code on Cerberus FTP Server
- Install an SSL certificate on Cerberus FTP Server
- Test your SSL installation
- Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Cerberus FTP Server
Generate a CSR code on Cerberus FTP Server
CSR stands for Certificate Signing Request, a block of encoded text containing contact data such as your company and domain identity. These details are required by the Certificate Authorities to validate the SSL requests.
You have two options:
- Use our CSR Generator to create the CSR automatically.
- Follow our step-by-step tutorial on how to generate CSR on Cerberus FTP Server.
You can open the CSR file with any text editor of your choice such as Notepad and copy its contents into the corresponding box during the certificate order on your SSL vendor’s page.
Install an SSL Certificate on Cerberus FTP Server
After the CA signs and delivers your SSL Certificate to your inbox, download the ZIP folder and extract the SSL files on your device. You should have the PEM-formatted SSL certificate file, and depending on your CA, the Intermediate certificate or the CA bundle containing the root and intermediate certs.
To add the SSL Certificate to Cerberus FTP Server, perform the following:
- In your Cerberus FTP dashboard, open the server manager by selecting Configuration > Server Manager
- From the left menu, select Security
- Under the Server Key Pair, import your SSL files as shown below:
- Certificate Path: click the file selection button and import your SSL certificate file
- Private Key Path: click the file selection button and import your private key. You’ve created the private key along with your CSR code. If your public and private key are in the same file then set this path to be the same as the Certificate file path.
- CA Certificate Path: click the file selection button and import your CA Bundle file containing the root and intermediate certificates
- Needs Key Password – Check this option if your certificate is encrypted.
- Password – If the certificate is encrypted then this is the password used to decrypt it. The password is the same password you used to create the certificate request with your 3rd party certificate authority.
- Click Verify to check your SSL configuration, then hit Save.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed your SSL Certificate on your Cerberus FTP Server.
Test your SSL installation
After you install an SSL Certificate on Cerberus FTP Server, scan your new installation for potential errors or vulnerabilities, just to be on the safe side of things. With these powerful SSL tools, you can get instant reports on all aspects of your SSL Certificate and its configuration.
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Cerberus FTP Server?
You’ve already reached the destination! Here, at SSL Dragon, we offer the widest range of SSL products at great prices. All our certificates are compatible with Cerberus FTP SERVER and are suitable for a variety of projects.
If you don’t know what certificate to choose, or struggling to find the perfect product for your site, our quick, and intuitive SSL Wizard and Advanced Certificate Filter tools will make the search more efficient and enjoyable.
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.