In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Media Temple Grid.
Just follow the steps below:
- Log into your Media Temple Dashboard.
- From the Account Center navigation menu, select Domains and click on the domain name you want to secure with an SSL Certificate
- From the GRID Control Panel, navigate to ADD-ONS and select SSL Certificate
Note: If you intend to secure multiple domains then go ALTERNATE DOMAIN ADMIN and click SSL Certificate
- Next, to Certificate Signing Request click the Generate CSR button
- Fill in the existing fields with your contact information:
- State: enter the state where your company is registered. For instance, California
- Organization: specify the full legal name of your organization. For example, Your Company LLC
- Organization Unit: name the department requesting the SSL Certificate. For instance, IT
- Email: provide a valid email address (e.g., [email protected])
- Verify the info you’ve just entered and then hit Generate
Media Temple will generate your CSR and private key, and store them in your Account Center
The CSR should appear on the same page.
On the SSL order page, paste your CSR into the corresponding box.
That’s it. Now all you have to do is wait for the SSL Certificate files to arrive in your inbox.