How to Generate a CSR on Titan FTP Server?
In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Titan FTP Server.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Open the Titan FTP Server Administrator
- On the left side, expand to the domain you want to secure and log in.
- Once logged in, in the left pane, expand Your Domain > Your Server and click Security
- Click Certificate Management, then in the new Certificate Manager window click Create
Step 2. Fill in your information
In the SSL Certificate Wizard, fill in the required fields as shown below:
- Common Name: the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure. For example, yourdomain.com
- Organization: the full legal name of your company. For instance, Your Company LLC
- Department: the department within your company requesting the SSL certificate. For example, IT
- Locality/City: the full name of the city where your business is located. For instance, Spokane
- State/Province: the full name of the state where your business is registered. For example, Washington
- Country: from the drop-down list, select your country. For instance, United States
- Valid from: type in today’s date
- Valid to: type in the expire date
Note: The Valid from and Valid to fields are overwritten after your SSL Certificate is issued.
- Email Address: provide a valid email address
Verify the info you’ve just entered, then click Next.
Step 3. Set the Key Length
Set the Key Length to 2048 bits and click Next.
Step 4. Create a password
Create and confirm a password to protect your Private Key.
Step 5. Get the CSR
- Next, select Generate CSR for signing by a Trusted Certificate Authority
- Click the three dotted button and specify a directory for your CSR code (.csr file) and Private Key (.pem file)
- Click OK and close the Certificate Manager.
You can open the CSR file with any text editor such as Notepad. During your SSL certificate order, you will have to submit the CSR code to your Certificate Authority.