What Is Comodo EV Code Signing SSL?
The Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate is a premium code signing solution, ideal for IT firms seeking to establish their publisher identity and build trust with their customers. By using this certificate, software developers can sign all digital downloads and safeguard their code from cyber threats.
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate Benefits
The Comodo EV Code Signing certificate boasts a range of benefits.
- Authentication and Credibility. It provides authentication and credibility for your software products, thanks to its digital signature. This will elevate your products to the highest level of safety, as browsers and antiviruses will not flag your code, and customers will know who is behind the software. Additionally, this certificate will boost your reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen, the filter that every Windows user encounters when installing a new program.
- Software Integrity. Comodo Code Signing SSL ensures software integrity by protecting your code from tampering and compromise. If an attacker attempts to modify it, your customers will receive instant notification.
- Exclusive Private Key Security. Comodo EV Code Signing SSL takes care of your private key by storing it on external hardware. This exclusive private key security feature ensures that your private key remains safe, preventing any potential financial losses or damage to your reputation.
- Extended Validation. The certificate offers extended validation, which provides the highest level of assurance that your digital goods are genuine and belong to a trustworthy company. The verification process takes between 1-7 business days, but it’s well worth the wait. This feature allows users to see your official name and the details of the Code Signing Certificate.
- Compatible with almost any platform. This Code Signing certificate is compatible with almost any platform, including various desktop platforms and major mobile operating systems, boasting a 99.3% browser compatibility rate.
- Unbreakable Encryption. All Comodo certificates follow the latest NIST and CA/B Forum security standards, providing unbreakable encryption with a 2048-bit RSA signature key, and the option of Elliptic Curve cryptography.