What Is the DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate?
The DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate is a first-class code signing certificate, perfect for IT companies that need to assert maximum publisher identity and gain the highest level of customer trust. With this code signing certificate, software developers can sign digital downloadable goods and protect their code from cyber thieves.
DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate Benefits
- Authentication and Credibility. Thanks to its digital signature, which is the ultimate indicator of authenticity and integrity, DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate will ensure your software products receive cutting-edge protection. Browsers and antiviruses won’t flag your code and scripts, while customers will know for sure who’s behind the software. Best of all, you’ll receive a reputational boost with the Microsoft SmartScreen – the filter every Windows user encounters when installing a new program.
- Software Integrity. DigiCert EV Code Signing SSL certificate protects your code from being tampered with and compromised. If an attacker attempts to alter it in any way, your customers will receive an instant notification.
- Exclusive Private Key Security. The private key is the most crucial element of your certificate. Its compromise may lead to financial losses and damage your reputation. DigiCert EV Code Signing SSL takes care of your private key by storing it on an external USB device. You will physically have this device after your purchase, and only those with the USB can sign the code with your certificate.
- Extended Validation. Extended Validation offers the highest level of assurance that your digital goods are genuine and belong to an authentic company. Users can see your official name and the details of the Code Signing Certificate and use your products with confidence.
- Compatible with almost any platform. This Code Signing certificate will run on various desktop platforms and major mobile operating systems. With 99.3% browser compatibility, all your users will avoid suspicious browser and antivirus warnings.
- Unbreakable Encryption. All DigiCert certificates follow the latest NIST and CA/B Forum security standards. This certificate provides a 2048-bit RSA signature key. Elliptic Curve cryptography is also available.