What Is the DigiCert Code Signing Certificate?
The DigiCert Code Signing certificate enables software developers to digitally sign their applications and programs so that users know who the code publisher is and whether the software has been altered by a third party or not.
This code signing certificate is offered by DigiCert, the industry leader in the high-assurance certificates market. The most innovative companies, including 89% of the Fortune 500 and 97 of the 100 top global banks, use DigiCert to secure their creations.
DigiCert Code Signing Certificate Benefits
- Authentication and Credibility. The quickest way to gain users’ trust is to ensure your products are safe and authentic. Digitally signed programs and apps won’t display the off-putting warning messages during download and installation. Instead, they’ll show your company name as a verified publisher. This way, your customers will receive a secure product verified by a third-party entity.
- Software Integrity. DigiCert Code Signing certificate safeguards your code from being tampered with and compromised. If a hacker tries to alter it in any way, your customers will receive an instant notification.
- Business Validation. To get this code signing certificate, you’ll have to pass a light vetting process that requires company documents on your side. It usually takes between one to three business days for Digicert to verify your legal details and issue the certificate.
- Compatible with almost any platform. The DigiCert Code Signing Certificate will work on various desktop platforms and major mobile operating systems. Among supported systems are Microsoft Authenticode, Apple applications, Adobe AIR files, and more. With 99.3% browser compatibility, all your users will avoid suspicious browser and antivirus warnings.
- Unbreakable Encryption. All DigiCert certificates meet the rigorous NIST and CA/B Forum security standards. Your signatures will be made with a 2048-bit RSA signing key. Elliptic Curve Diffie-Helman is also available.
- $1,500.000 warranty. In the unlikely event of fraudulent certificate issuance or a security failure, the end-user is covered for up to one and a half million dollars.
- 25-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with this product, there is always a 25-day money-back guarantee available to you. Just let us know, and we’ll refund your purchase price.