What Is Sectigo EV Code Signing Certificate?
Sectigo EV Code Signing SSL is a top-class code signing certificate, perfect for IT companies that need to assert maximum publisher identity and gain the highest level of customer trust. With this certificate, software developers can sign any digital downloadable goods and protect their code from cyber thieves.
Sectigo EV Code Signing SSL Certificate Benefits
Packed with premium features, this product has the following benefits:
- Authentication and Credibility. Thanks to its digital signature, which is the ultimate indicator of authenticity and integrity, Sectigo EV Code Signing SSL will elevate your software products to the safest level possible. Browsers and antiviruses won’t flag your code and scripts, while customers will know for sure who’s behind the software. Best of all, you’ll receive a reputational boost with the Microsoft SmartScreen – the filter every Windows user encounters when installing a new program.
- Software Integrity. Sectigo Code Signing SSL protects your code from being tampered with and compromised. If an attacker attempts to modify it in any way, your customers will receive an instant notification.
- Exclusive Private Key Security. The private key is the most important element of your certificate. Its compromise may lead to financial losses and damage your reputation. Sectigo EV Code Signing SSL takes care of your private key by storing it on external hardware.
- Extended Validation. Extended Validation offers the highest level of assurance that your digital goods are genuine and belong to a trustworthy company. The verification process takes between 1-7 business days, but the wait and benefits are well worth it. Users can see your official name and the details of the Code Signing Certificate.
- Compatible with almost any platform. This Code Signing certificate will work on various desktop platforms and major mobile operating systems. With 99.3% browser compatibility, all your users will avoid suspicious browser and antivirus warnings.
- Unbreakable Encryption. All Sectigo certificates follow the latest NIST and CA/B Forum security standards. This certificate provides a 2048-bit RSA signature key. Elliptic Curve cryptography is also available.