This four-part guide provides step by step instructions on how to install an SSL Certificate on a Nutanix cluster. After you install the SSL certificate, keep reading to discover the best place where you can buy affordable SSL Certificates.
If you’ve already generated a CSR Code and received the necessary SSL files, feel free to skip the first part of this guide and proceed straight to the installation instructions.
Table of Contents
- Generate a CSR code on a Nutanix cluster
- Install an SSL Certificate on a Nutanix cluster
- Test your SSL installation
- Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for a Nutanix cluster?
Generate a CSR code on a Nutanix cluster
CSR or Certificate Signing Request is a block of encoded text containing your website and company details. You need to submit it to your CA for validation during the SSL order process.
You have two options:
- Use our CSR Generator to create the CSR automatically.
- Follow our step-by-step tutorial on how to generate CSR on a Nutanix cluster.
Now, you can open your newly generated CSR file with any text editor of your choice. You’ll have to copy-paste its whole content, including the BEGIN header and END footer into the corresponding field on your SSL vendor’s ordering page.
Alternatively, you can use an easier option and generate your CSR code automatically, with the help of our CSR Generator tool.
Install an SSL Certificate on a Nutanix Cluster
After your CA sends your SSL Certificate files to your e-mail, you begin the SSL installation.
- Log into your Nutanix Console and click on the down arrow inside the gear icon
- From the drop-down list select SSL Certificates
- In the SSL Certificate dialog box click Replace Certificate
- Click on the Import Key and Certificate radio button, then Next
- In the next window, perform the following actions:
- From the Private Key Type drop-down list select RSA 2048 bit
- Private Key: browse the private key associated with your SSL Certificate. You’ve created the private key along with your CSR code
- Public Certificate: browse your primary SSL Certificate. You received it from your CA in a ZIP folder.
- CA Certificate Chain: browse your intermediate certificate or chain. Usually, it is the .ca-bundle file from the same ZIP folder as your primary certificate
- Click Import Files and wait for the interface gateway to restart.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed an SSL Certificate on a Nutanix cluster.
Test Your SSL Installation
After you install an SSL Certificate on a Nutanix cluster, it’s recommended to scan your new installation for potential errors or vulnerabilities, just to be on the safe side of things. With these powerful SSL tools, you can get instant reports on all facets of your SSL Certificate and its configuration.
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for a Nutanix Cluster?
If you’re looking for a great shopping experience, then SSL Dragon is the right SSL vendor for you. Our intuitive and user-friendly website will smoothly guide you through the entire range of SSL Certificates. All our products are issued by reputable Certificate Authorities and are compatible with Nutanix.
Enjoy the lowest prices on the market, and dedicated customer support for any certificate you choose. And, if you’re struggling to find the perfect cert for your website, use our SSL Wizard and Advanced Certificate Filter tools to get suggestions.
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.