In this tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Pulse Secure SSL VPN.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Log into your Pulse Secure admin dashboard
- Navigate to System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates
- Under Certificates issued to click on the New CSR button
Step 2. Fill in your info
Next, in the New Certificate Signing Request window, submit the required information:
- Common Name: enter the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) to which you want to assign your new SSL Certificate. For example, yoursitename.com.
Note: If you have a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of the domain name. For instance, *.yoursitename.com
- Organization Name: specify the full legal name of your company. For example, Your Company LLC
- Org. Unit Name: name the department within your company requesting the SSL Certificates. For example, IT
- Locality/City: include the city where your business is officially registered. For example, San Jose
- State: write the full name of the state where your business is located. For example, California
- Country/Region: enter the two-letter ISO country code. For example, the US
- Email address: provide a valid email address
- Key Type: RSA
- Key Length: 2048 bits
- Random Data: enter some random characters to augment the random key generator.
Step 3. Get the CSR
Double-check the info you’ve just entered and click Generate CSR.
Congrats, you have successfully created your CSR code. You can see it by scrolling down the screen.
Copy-paste the entire CSR code including the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE tags into a Notepad document.
Use the CSR code during the order process with your SSL vendor.