How to Generate a CSR on Juniper?
In this tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Juniper.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Log into your Juniper Admin Console
- Got to System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates
- Click the New CSR button, and
Step 2. Fill in your information
On the New Certificate Signing Request page, provide the following information:
- Common Name: enter the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) you want to secure. For example, yourdomain.com. If you have a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of your domain name. For instance, *.yourdomain.com
- Organization Name: specify the official name of your organization. For example, Your Company LLC. If you have a Domain Validation certificate, type NA instead
- Organizational Unit: type the name of the department making the request. Usually, it is IT or Web Administration. If you have a Domain Validation certificate, enter NA instead
- Locality or City: submit the full name of the city where your organization is located. For example, San Francisco
- State or Province: write the full name of the state where your organization is registered. For example, California
- Country Name: provide the two-letter code of your country. For example, US
- Email address: provide a valid email address
- Key Length: select the 2048-bit option
Step 3. Generate the CSR
In the final field, enter some random characters to augment the system’s random key generator, then click Create CSR
On the next page, under Step 1, copy and save your CSR code including the —–BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and —–END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– tags into a text document such Notepad.
Use your CSR Code during your order process with your SSL vendor.