In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on BigCommerce.
Just follow the steps below:
- Log into your BigCommerce account
- Navigate to Server Settings > SSL Certificate
- Next, under Generate a CSR (for 3rd party certs) click Generate a CSR
- Fill in the required details as shown below:
- Approver Email: provide a valid email address
- Common Name (CN): specify the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure. For instance, yourstore.com
- Organization Name (O): type the full name of your organization. For example, GPI Holding LLC
- Organizational Unit (U): write the name of the department in charge of web security. For instance, IT
- Locale (L): enter the full name of the city where your organization is registered. For example, San Jose
- State/Province (S): enter the full name of the state or province where your organization is located. For instance, California
- Country Code (C): from the drop-down list, select the two-letter code of your country. For example, US
- Double check the info you’ve just entered, and then click Generate CSR
Next, copy the content of your CSR code, including the —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and —–END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– tags, and paste it into any text editor. For example, Notepad.
Save your text file as yourdomainename.csr.
That’s it. You can now use your newly created CSR code during the order process with your SSL vendor.