In this tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Aruba ClearPass.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1: Log into your Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager
Step 2: Create the CSR
From the left menu, expand Administration > Certificates then click on Server Certificate
On the right, click Create Certificate Signing Request
Step 3: Complete your information
In the Create Certificate Signing Request window, enter the following information:
- Common Name (CN): Enter the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure. For example, yoursite.com. If you have a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of the domain name (e.g., *.yoursite.com)
- Organization (O): Write the full legal name of your company. For instance, GPI Holding LLC
- Organizational Unit (OU): Specify the unit within your company requesting the digital certificate. For example, Web Administration
- Location (L): Provide the city where your company is registered. For instance, San Jose
- State (ST): Enter the full name of the state where your company is located. For example, California
- Country (C): Provide the two-letter code of your country. For instance, US
- Subject Alternative Name (SAN): Leave this field blank. If you want to secure multiple domains, you will specify them during the SSL enrollment
- Private Key Password: create a password to protect your private key
- Verify Private Key Password: Re-enter the private key password
- Key Length: Select 2048 bits
- Digest Algorithm: Select SHA-2
- Valid for: Skip this field
Verify the info you’ve just filled in, then click Submit.
Step 4: Download the CSR
You will see the contents of your CSR.
Click Download CSR and Private Key Files, to download the following files:
- csr – the CSR code
- pkey –the Private Key
Open the CSR file with any text editor of your choice such as Notepad and copy its contents into the corresponding box during your SSL certificate order on your vendor’s page.
After your CA validates the CSR and issues the SSL certificate, you can proceed to the Aruba ClearPass SSL installation instructions.