How to Generate a CSR on H-Sphere?
In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on H-Sphere.
Just follow the steps below:
- Log into your H-Sphere control panel
- On the home page, click on SSL, then Enable SSL for the domain you want to secure
- Next, open the Edit SSL page, and click Import SSL Certificate
- Under New SSL Support, click on Generate a temporary SSL certificate and certificate request
- Fill in the fields of SSL Certificate Signing Request Parameters as shown below:
- Site Name: enter the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) of the website you want to secure. For example, yoursite.com
- E-mail: provide a valid email
- Company: write the full, legal name of your company. For instance, GPI Holding LLC. If you have a DV (Domain Validation) certificate, put NA instead
- Organization Unit: name the unit within your company managing the SSL Certificate. For example, IT or Web Administration
- Locality: enter the name of the city where your company is officially registered
- State: from the drop-down list, select the state where your company is located. If you select Other, write your state or region name in the State (if other) box
- Country: from the drop-down list, select your country.
- Double-check the info you’ve just submitted and click Submit
Your CSR code, private key, and a temporary SSL certificate in plain text will on a new page.
Copy the contents of your CSR code and private key in separate text files using a text editor of your choice such a Notepad.
You will use the CSR when ordering your SSL Certificate, and the private key when installing SSL on your H-Sphere platform.