In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on a MiCollab Server.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Log into the MiCollab Server Manager
- On the left pane, under Security, click Web Server
- Select the Web Server Certificate tab
- Scroll down the page and select Generate a new Certificate Signing Request (CSR), then click Perform.
Step 2. Fill in your information
Enter the required information as shown below:
- Country Name: Write the two-letter code of the country where your business is legally registered. For example, US
- State or Province: Enter the full name of the state or province where your company is located. For instance, Washington
- Locality: Type the full name of the city or town where your company is headquartered. For example, Seattle
- Organization: Specify the full legal name of your company. For instance, Your Company LLC
- Organizational Unit: Enter the name of the department requesting the SSL Certificate. For example, IT
- Common Name: This is the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure. For instance, yoursite.com. If you have a wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of the domain name (e.g., *.yoursite.com)
Step 3. Get the CSR
Double check the info you’ve just entered, then click Generate Certificate Signing Request.
Open the CSR file with any text editor of your choice such as Notepad and copy the contents into the corresponding box during the certificate order with your SSL vendor.