How to Generate a CSR on Axway API Gateway?
In this tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Axway API Gateway.
When it comes to CSR generation, you have several options. The quickest way is to use an external tool such as our CSR Generator. Alternatively, you can create your CSR using the OpenSSL utility. If you’re on a Linux system, OpenSSL should be already installed by default. For Windows systems, you may need to download it first from here.
Along with your certificate, you will also generate your private key. Make sure you keep it in a safe place, and never share it with anyone.
To generate your CSR in OpenSSL, follow the steps below:
Connect via SSH (Secure Shell) to your server’s terminal and run the following command:
openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout yourdomain.key -out yourdomain.csr
You will have to replace yourdomain with your actual domain name.
Next, you need to provide your contact data. Use the example below:
- Country Name: enter the two-letter code of your country. For instance, the US
- State or Province Name: enter the full name of the state or region where your company is registered. For example, California
- Locality Name: enter the name of the city or town where your company is registered. For example, San Diego
- Organization Name: enter the official name of your company. For instance, YourCompany LLC
- Organization Unit Name: Specify the department within your organization in charge of SSL management. For example, IT
- Common Name: enter the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) you want to secure with an SSL certificate. For example, yoursite.com
- Email Address – provide an email address
- A challenge password: you can leave this field blank
- An optional company name: you can leave this field blank
OpenSSL will create the . csr and . key files. Save the files. Open the .csr file with a text editor such as Notepad, and copy-paste its contents in the relevant box during your SSL order process.