How to Generate a CSR on Alpha Five?
In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Alpha Five. In Alpha Five, you can generate the CSR directly on your server, where you’ll install it. Along with the CSR generation, you will also create your private key. Make sure you keep it in a safe place and don’t share it with unauthorized users.
Just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Application Server Settings window and select the SSL tab.
- At the bottom of the tab, click the Generate a Certificate Signing Request button.
- Now, you need to fill in the certificate details:
- Country – the two-letter country code where your company is headquartered. For instance, US.
- State/Province – The state where your organization is located. For instance, California
- Locality – the city where your business is officially registered. For instance, Los Angeles
- Organization Name – the official name of your company
- Organization Unit – the department managing your SSL certificates
- Common Name – the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) you want to encrypt. For example, yourdomain.com
- Select the default output directory for your CSR and Private Key files, then click Crete Certificate Signing Request.
Next, you have to send the CSR to your Certificate Authority. You can either upload the CSR field or paste its contents in the relevant box during the SSL order process with your vendor.