This tutorial will show you how to install an SSL Certificate on the Alpha Five application server. You will also discover the best place to shop for affordable SSL Certificates.
If you’ve already generated the CSR Code and received the necessary SSL files, you can skip the CSR generation part and proceed straight to the installation instructions.
Table of Contents
- Generate the CSR Code on Alpha Five
- Install the SSL certificate on Alpha Five
- Test your SSL Installation
- Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Alpha Five?
Generate the CSR Code on Alpha Five
The CSR (Certificate Signing Request) is a block of encoded text you must send to your Certificate Authority during the SSL ordering process. It includes information about your company and the domain name you want to secure. After the CA verifies and validates your CSR, you’ll get the SSL certificate via email.
You have two options:
- Use our CSR Generator to create the CSR automatically.
- Follow our step-by-step tutorial on how to generate CSR on Alpha Five.
Next, you have to send the CSR to your Certificate Authority. You can either upload the CSR field or paste its contents in the relevant box during the SSL order process with your vendor.
Install the SSL certificate on Alpha Five
After your CA signs your SSL certificate and sends the SSL files to your inbox, you can begin the installation. Download the ZIP archive and extract its contents on your device.
- Go to the Application Server Settings window and select the SSL tab.
- Click the Enable SSL checkbox.
- Next, click the SSL Certificate File folder icon and browse your server certificate file that you’ve extracted from the archived folder sent by your CA. It should be named as your_domain_com.crt, but the file format and extension may vary depending on your CA.
- Now, click the folder icon in the Private Key File box, and browse to the private key that you created during CSR generation.
- Next, you need to assign a certificate chain file. Your CA should have provided you with multiple intermediate files. You have to combine them into a single PEM file.
Open both files in a text editor such as Notepad and paste the entire CA2 file immediately below the text of the first. Save the combined file as yourCAname.pem and continue to the next step.
- Click the Certificate Chain File folder icon and upload your combined intermediate file. Hit Save.
- Restart your Alpha Five application server.
Congrats, your SSL cert should be up and running.
Test your SSL Installation
After you install an SSL Certificate on Alpha Five, you should run a quick test and check your new SSL certificate for potential errors and vulnerabilities. We have an entire article on our blog, describing the best SSL tools to scan your SSL installation.
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for Alpha Five?
When buying an SSL Certificate, you should consider the validation type, price, and customer service. At SSL Dragon, we offer the widest range of SSL certificates, the best prices, and, of course, dedicated customer support! Our SSL certificates are issued by trusted Certificate Authorities and are compatible with the Alpha Five application server. Whether you need an affordable Domain Validation certificate or a premium Extended Validation product we’ve got you covered.
If you don’t know what type of SSL certificate to choose, our SSL Wizard will recommend the ideal SSL product for your website.
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.