How to Generate a CSR on ISPConfig?
In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on ISPConfig. The quickest way to generate your CSR is directly from the ISPConfig dashboard.
Just follow the steps below:
- Login to ISPConfig dashboard via port 8080.
- From the main menu, select the Sites tab.
- Click on the domain name you want to generate a CSR for.
- Next, select the SSL tab and fill in the fields following our example.
- State – enter the name of the state where your company is legally registered.
- Locality – enter the name of the city/town where your company is legally registered.
- Organization – enter the full, legal name of your organization.
- Organization Unit – enter the name of the department within your organization in charge of SSL management. For example, IT or Web.
- Country – from the drop-down list select your country.
- SSL Domain – the domain you want to encrypt will be selected by default. For a wildcard certificate, select the domain with an asterisk (*) next to it.
- SSL Action – scroll down, and from the drop-down menu select the Create Certificate option.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Websites page, and click the SSL tab.
The SSL request field will contain your CSR. Copy all the content and paste it into the relevant field during the SSL order process.