How to Generate a CSR on VestaCP?
In this tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on VestaCP.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Log into your VestaCP dashboard and select the WEB tab at the top of the page
- Select the domain you want to secure and click Edit
- On the Editing Domain page, enable SSL Support and click Generate CSR
Step 2. Fill in your information
Fill in the required fields as shown below:
- Domain: provide the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to protect. For example, youriste.com. If you have a wildcard certificate ad an asterisk (*) in front of the domain name. For instance, *.yoursite.com
- Email: enter a valid email address
- Country: enter the two-letter code of your country. For example, US
- State/Province: indicate the state where you or your company is located. For instance, California
- City/Locality: submit the city where you or your company is located. For example, San Jose
- Company: specify the full legal name of your company (e.g., Your Company LLC). If you have a Domain Validation certificate, enter NA instead.
Step 3. Generate the CSR
Double-check the info you’ve just provided, then click OK.
You will see three boxes:
- SSL CSR – the certificate signing request you’ll need during the SSL order
- SSL Certificate – a self-signed certificate which you don’t need
- SSL Key – the private key which is required for the SSL installation. Make sure you save the private key in a separate plain text file on your local computer or server
Open your CSR with any text editor such as Notepad and copy its contents into the corresponding box during the SSL order process.