How to Generate a CSR on Virtualmin?
In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR on Virtualmin.
Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Initiate the CSR generation
- Log into your Virtualmin dashboard
- From the drop-down list on the top left, select the domain you want to secure with an SSL Certificate
- Click Edit Virtual Server then Enabled features
- Check the SSL website enabled checkbox
- Click Save Virtual Server
- Go to Server Configuration > Manage SSL Certificate, then click Signing Request
Step 2. Fill in your information
Fill in the form as shown below:
- Server Name: specify the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure. For example, yoursite.com, or *.yoursite.com for Wildcard certificates.
- Email Address: provide a valid email address
- Department: name the department within your organization requesting the SSL Certificate. For instance, IT
- Organization: enter the full legal name of your organization. For example, Your Company LLC
- City or Location: enter the city where your business is registered. For instance, Los Angeles
- State: enter the state where your business is located. For example, California
- Country: type the two-letter code of your country. For instance, US
- RSA key size: select default (2048)
- Days before expiry: you can leave this field blank
- Certificate hash type: from the drop-down list select SHA2
Step 3. Get your CSR
Verify the details you’ve just submitted and click Generate CSR Now.
Your CSR code and private key will now display in Virtualmin.
Use the CSR code when requesting the SSL Certificate at your SSL vendor’s page.