How to Generate a CSR in WHM?
In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to generate a CSR in WHM.
Just follow the steps below:
- Log into your WHM account
- Go to the SSL/TLS section and select “Generate an SSL Certificate Signing Request”
- Now, submit the information about your company
Note: Make sure to tick the “When complete, email me the certificate, key, and CSR” checkbox.
- Provide a valid Email Address to receive the certificate files
- From the Key Size drop-down list choose 2,408 bits (Recommended)
- In the Domains field enter the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) you want to secure. For instance, www.ssldragon.com
Note: If you bought a Wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front of the domain name. For example, *.ssldragon.com.
- Fill in the fields as shown below:
- In the City field, enter the full name of the city where your organization is legally registered. For example, Seattle
- In the State field, provide the official location of your business. For example, Washington
- In the Country filed, use the drop-down list and select the country of company’s origin
- In the Company Name field, type the legal (official) name of your organization. If your SSL certificate is Domain Validation, enter your full name or domain instead
- In the Company Division field enter the name of the division responsible for SSL certificate management. For example, IT or Web If you have a Domain Validation certificate, but there is no IT division, type NA (not available)
- In the Email field provide an accessible email address so that the CA can use it to verify and validate the domain ownership
- The Passphrase field is optional. We advise you to leave it blank, since it’s no longer in use, and creates only confusion among users
- Double-check the info you’ve entered and click on Create
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created the CSR code and the private key. You’ve also generated a self-signed certificate, which you don’t need (self-signed certificates are not trusted by browsers).
Now you can use the CSR code during your order process with SSL Dragon. After you receive the certificate from CA, continue with the SSL installation in WHM.