In this article, you will learn how to generate a CSR code and install an SSL Certificate on H-Sphere web hosting Automation Control Panel. You will also discover a few interesting facts about H-Sphere’s history, as well as find out where to buy the best SSL Certificate for your H-Sphere platform.
If you’ve already created a CSR code and applied for your SSL Certificate, feel free to skip the first part of this guide and start with the installation instructions.
Generate a CSR Code on H-Sphere
CSR stands for Certificate Signing Request, a block on encoded text containing your contact information. Generating your CSR is a requirement when applying for your SSL Certificate. The CA (Certificate Authority) uses the CSR code to verify and authenticate your website’s and company’s identity.
Please, follow the steps below to create your CSR on H-Sphere:
- Log into your H-Sphere control panel
- On the home page, click on SSL, then Enable SSL for the domain you want to secure
- Next, open the Edit SSL page, and click Import SSL Certificate
- Under New SSL Support, click on Generate a temporary SSL certificate and certificate request
- Fill in the fields of SSL Certificate Signing Request Parameters as shown below:
- Site Name: enter the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) of the website you want to secure. For example, yoursite.com
- E-mail: provide a valid email
- Company: write the full, legal name of your company. For instance, GPI Holding LLC. If you have a DV (Domain Validation) certificate, put NA instead
- Organization Unit: name the unit within your company managing the SSL Certificate. For example, IT or Web Administration
- Locality: enter the name of the city where your company is officially registered
- State: from the drop-down list, select the state where your company is located. If you select Other, write your state or region name in the State (if other) box
- Country: from the drop-down list, select your country.
- Double-check the info you’ve just submitted and click Submit
- Your CSR code, private key, and a temporary SSL certificate in plain text will on a new page
- Copy the contents of your CSR code and private key in separate text files using a text editor of your choice such a Notepad
- You will use the CSR when ordering your SSL Certificate, and the private key when installing it on your H-Sphere platform.
Install an SSL Certificate on H-Sphere
After your CA sends the necessary SSL files to your inbox, download them to your desktop or the server where your CSR and private keys reside.
- Log into your H-Sphere control panel and go to SSL and, under the SSL field, click Edit
- Next to Install Certificate based on previously generated Certificate request, paste the content of your primary SSL Certificate. Make sure you include the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE tags
- Now, in the Certificate Chain File box, paste the content of your intermediate certificate file. Some versions of H-Sphere label this box Certificate Authority File
- Click Upload.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed your SSL Certificate on H-Sphere.
Test your SSL installation
After you install an SSL Certificate on H-Sphere, you should run a quick test and check your new SSL certificate for potential errors and vulnerabilities. We have an entire article on our blog, describing the best SSL tools to scan your SSL installation.
H-Sphere history and versions
H-Sphere is a web-hosting Automation Control Panel, designed for shared web hosting services. Initially developed by Positive Software, and later acquired by Parallels, Inc. in September 2007, H-Sphere runs on Linux, Unix and Windows systems. It also supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL databases.
H-sphere is written in Java and has the following features:
- Various hosting solutions
- Electronic mail
- More than 30 payment gateways supported
- Multiple user tools
- Built-in billing system
The latest stable release of H-Sphere is 3.6.3.
Where to buy the best SSL Certificate for H-Sphere?
When buying an SSL Certificate, you should watch for three essential aspects: validation type, price, and dedicated customer service. At SSL Dragon, we offer them all! Our SSL certificates are issued by reputable Certificate Authorities, and thus are compatible with the majority of web control panels, including H-Sphere. Whether you need an affordable Domain Validation certificate or a premium Extended Validation product we’ve plenty of options. Here’s our full list of SSL certificate types:
- Domain Validation
- Business Validation
- Extended Validation
- Code Signing
- IP Address
SSL Dragon’s prices are the most competitive on the market, while our first-class support team is highly appreciated by our customers. If you don’t know what type of SSL certificate to choose, use our SSL Wizard and Certificate Filter tools. They will recommend the ideal SSL product for your website.
If you find any inaccuracies, or you have details to add to these SSL installation instructions, please feel free to send us your feedback at [email protected]. Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.